Sample Application(s)

Jun 2, 2008 at 9:16 PM
Hi

I was really excited to see your project as I need a simple yet effective licencing solution for my projects.

I had a look at your code pre-release and it looked good.

Please could you add a sample project which demonstrates how you envisage develeopers using your framework. I.e just a windows app that is licenced.
Coordinator
Jun 5, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Shaund,

Actually, there is a build in example within the code.
To use it do as follows:

1. Create an empty project
  2. Add a reference to LicenserAPI.DLL
  3. From the LicenserProduction code (Latest Version), copy the following files into your project:
    • TestLicenseForm.cs
    • TestLicenseFormDesigner.cs
    • TestLicenseForm.Resx
  4. Set the main form (in program.cs) to be TestLicenseForm
  5. Compile and run

You can also create a license with your computer ID, select the license and right click, there is a "TEST" option menu that activate the same form. You can set a breakpoint in the TestLicesnse constructor and click the TEST menu option. youw will be able to see how it is working.

-- eyall

Jun 11, 2008 at 6:40 PM
Hi eyall,

I went through your release code, job well done!. Did you consider using the .NET control licensing component  ? - Just a thought.

I like your Licenser production application. I might need to modify it so that it updates a SQL database.

Have you thought of a way to prevent time tampering ? I know of commerical tools that can determine whether or not the system clock has been changed. I am not sure how you would go about that though. Perhaps if you stored a "Last used" date in your license file which would record the date the program last ran. You could then throw a license validation error if the system date was earlier than the last run date.

Oct 17, 2009 at 2:07 PM

Hi eyall,

You have made an excellent project. Hats off to the concept.

Could you please provide link to sample application showing how to use the License API (with Source Code)as i tried searching on the downloads section but was unable to find out the same.

Sorry for troubling you but this will be very much useful to all the developer new to licensing concept.

Thanks and Waiting for your help.